The recipients of the UK Alumni Association 2019 Great Teacher Award were honored with a special dinner on Tuesday evening at the Hyatt Regency, followed by recognition on the floor of Rupp Arena.
The winners are:
- Charles Hazle Jr., College of Health Sciences, Department of Physical Therapy;
- Gregory Luhan, College of Design, School of Architecture;
- Margaret Rintamaa, College of Education, Department of Curriculum and Instruction;
- Melvin Coffee, College of Communication and Information, School of Journalism and Media;
- Michael D. Toland, College of Education, Department of Educational, School, and Counseling Psychology; and
- Wendy Liu, Gatton College of Business and Economics, Department of Finance and Quantitative Methods.
Read more on this year’s winner here. See a video tribute from UK Public Relations below.
The Great Teacher Award is the longest-running UK award recognizing teaching. In order to receive the award, educators must first be nominated by a student. The UK Alumni Association Great Teacher Award Committee, in cooperation with the student organization Omicron Delta Kappa, makes the final selections. Recipients receive an engraved plaque and monetary reward.
Please enjoy the following photos from Tuesday’s event from Tim Webb.
0 comments on “2019 Great Teacher Award winners honored Tuesday evening”