A tailgate buffet, campus walking tour and the Class of 1970 and 1971 Golden Wildcat Reunion highlight the UK Alumni Association events for Homecoming 2021.
Here is a partial list of Homecoming events. A full schedule of Homecoming activities can be found at www.ukalumni.net/homecoming.
Thursday, Oct. 7
- Golden Wildcat Society 50th Reunion Registration & Check-In, 12 – 5 p.m., The Campbell House Lexington, 1375 S. Broadway. The UK Alumni Association welcomes members of the Class of 1970 and the Class of 1971 for their 50th reunion celebration. Participants are asked to stop by the hotel to pick-up name badges, a reunion itinerary, and all event tickets.
- Golden Wildcat Society Reunion & Induction Dinner, 7 p.m. EDT, Bill Gatton Student Center Harris Ballroom, 160 Avenue of Champions. Celebrate the 50th reunion of the Class of 1970 and Class of 1971 as members are inducted into the Golden Wildcat Society. Other reunion activities are scheduled throughout the weekend. To register for the Golden Wildcat Reunion, go to www.ukalumni.net/golden.
- Homecoming Royalty Showcase, 7 – 9 p.m., Bill Gatton Student Center, 160 Ave. Of Champions. Homecoming candidates will participate in a showcase style event to display their speaking skills, poise, and public presentation of talent. Students will be given the opportunity to meet the individuals who have been selected for the Homecoming Court and be able to cast their votes. The Homecoming King and Homecoming Queen will be revealed during the Kentucky vs. LSU football game on Saturday, Oct. 9.
Friday, Oct. 8
- Golden Wildcat Society 50th Reunion Campus Walking Tour, 9 – 11 a.m., tour departs from the Campbell House Lexington, 1375 S. Broadway. Bus will leave from the hotel and drop off at the Gatton Student Center. Walking tour will depart from Visitor Center and include stops at Wildcat Alumni Plaza, William T. Young Library and many of the newly-renovated colleges and buildings across campus. Bus will return to hotel after the tour.
- Golden Wildcat Society 50th Reunion Day at the Races, 12 – 5 p.m., Keeneland, 4201 Versailles Rd. Catch all the racing action at one of America’s most iconic racetracks. A limited number of dining room and reserved grandstand tickets will be available to Golden Wildcat Reunion attendees and their guests. Note: The Phoenix Dining Room has a dress code. Gentlemen must have collared shirts and slacks. Ladies are required to wear skirts, dresses, dress slacks or capris with dressy shoes.
- Golden Wildcat Society 50th Reunion Reception, 5:30 – 8 p.m., the Campbell House Lexington, 1375 S. Broadway. Enjoy a relaxing reception with your classmates after a day at the races. Rooms will be available for members of the Classes of 1970 and 1971 to catch up with old friends and reminisce about their days on campus.
Saturday, Oct. 9
- Tailgate Tent Party, 4:30 p.m., Kentucky Proud Park Lawn, 510 Wildcat Ct. Get ready to cheer at our Tailgate Tent Party as the Cats take on the LSU Tigers at 7:30 p.m. Enjoy a tailgate buffet along with exciting games, giveaways, a TV lounge and performances by the UK Cheerleaders and Pep Band. A cash bar will also be available.
Sunday, Oct. 10
- Golden Wildcat Society 50th Reunion Farewell Breakfast, 8 – 10 a.m., the Campbell House Lexington, 1375 S. Broadway. Say farewell to fellow classmates as we wrap-up the 2021 Homecoming weekend. Food and drinks will be available for purchase.