The mission of the UK Alumni Association is to engage, connect, serve and celebrate alumni and friends of the university.
UK Alumni Association clubs serve a critical role in achieving this mission by bringing together alumni in their local communities to demonstrate their love and support for their alma mater through a variety of events and activities throughout the year. Some of these events include game watch parties, group outings, social and professional networking events, service projects, book awards, scholarship fundraising, student send-offs and more.
The UK Alumni Association recognized many of its clubs at the Alumni Service Awards and Club Awards dinner during the association’s annual Summer Workshop on Friday, June 18, held this year at the Embassy Suites by Lexington/UK Coldstream.
Awards were given to in-state and out-of-state alumni clubs in the following six categories — Alumni Engagement, Scholarship, Service, Student Recruitment, New and Creative Program and Most Improved — and determined by the Past Presidents’ Advisory Council.
The following clubs were recognized during the dinner for outstanding contributions in one or more categories:
- Christian County: Scholarship
- Clark County: Alumni Engagement and Scholarship
- Fayette County: Alumni Engagement, Most Improved, New & Creative Programming, Scholarship and Service
- Fulton County: Alumni Engagement and Scholarship
- Hardin County: Service
- Greater Louisville: Alumni Engagement, New & Creative Programming, Scholarship and Service
- McCracken County: Alumni Engagement and Scholarship
- Northern Kentucky/Greater Cincinnati: Alumni Engagement and Scholarship
- Greater Atlanta: Alumni Engagement and New & Creative Programming
- Greater Birmingham: Scholarship
- Charlotte: Alumni Engagement, Most Improved and Student Recruitment
- Chicagoland: New & Creative Programming, Scholarship and Service
- Dallas/Fort Worth: Alumni Engagement
- Greater Houston: Scholarship and Service
- Jacksonville: Alumni Engagement
- Greater Nashville: Service
- Nation’s Capital: Alumni Engagement, Service and Student Recruitment
- New York City: Alumni Engagement and Student Recruitment
- Northeast Ohio: Scholarship
- Northern Alabama: Alumni Engagement
- Pacific Northwest: Alumni Engagement and Scholarship
- Sarasota/Suncoast: Alumni Engagement
- St. Louis: Alumni Engagement and New & Creative Programming
- Triangle Area, NC: Student Recruitment
- Upstate SC: Alumni Engagement
Enjoy the following photos of our award winners from Tim Webb.