Six University of Kentucky educators were recently named recipients of the UK Alumni Association 2020 Great Teacher Award.
The recipients are:
- Dr. Emily Cunningham, College of Medicine: Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Robert Lou Hirsch, College of Agriculture, Food and Environment: Plant Pathology
- David McNear, College Agriculture, Food and Environment: Plant and Soil Sciences
- Darshak Patel, Gatton College of Business and Economics: Economics
- Martha Riddell College of Public Health: Health Management and Policy
- Anna V. Voskresensky, College of Arts and Sciences: Modern and Classical Languages, Literatures and Cultures
Award recipients will be honored at the UK Alumni Association Great Teacher Award Recognition Dinner on Tuesday, March 3, at the Hyatt Regency in Lexington. They will also receive a $4,000 stipend and be recognized during the Tennessee vs. Kentucky men’s basketball game that evening.
Here is the video honoring the recipients produced by UK Public Relations & Strategic Communications and Marketing & Brand Strategy.
The Great Teacher Award, started in 1961, is the longest-running University of Kentucky award recognizing teaching. In order to receive the award, educators must first be nominated by a student. The UK Alumni Association Great Teacher Award Committee, in cooperation with the student organization Omicron Delta Kappa, then makes the final selection. Recipients receive an engraved plaque and stipend.
The UK Alumni Association recently paid all six teacher surprise award visits. Please enjoy the following photos from those visits.
Dr. Emily Cunningham
Robert Lou Hirsch
Anna Viktorovna Voskresensky