To provide a unique campus involvement experience for elite student leaders, applications are being accepted for the Alumni Ambassadors, a new program sponsored by the UK Alumni Association. The program is a partnership between the UK Alumni Association and the Office of the President.
The Alumni Ambassadors team will consist of the following:
- Up to 24 student leaders
- Two senior leaders, one male and one female
- Students who have demonstrated high achievement in their collegiate careers and show dedication to the betterment of the University of Kentucky
- Students comprised from various backgrounds, cultures and areas of campus involvement
- Requirement to serve a full-year term (August-July) to allow for a complete year of networking and leadership opportunities
A committee comprised of campus and student officials will select Alumni Ambassadors. Students interested in applying to become an Alumni Ambassador can download an application at www.ukalumni.net/alumniambassadors. Applications are due Monday, Feb. 5, 2018.
All applications require a photograph, copy of unofficial transcript, letter of recommendation (by UK faculty or staff member) and a resume. Materials are due to 400 Rose St., King Alumni House, by 5 p.m. No application will be accepted after the deadline. Information regarding interviews will be distributed Tuesday, Feb. 6, 2018. For further questions, contact Sara-Elizabeth Bush at firstname.lastname@example.org or 859-257-8700.
The overall goals of the Alumni Ambassadors are:
- Acting as official hosts for the University of Kentucky
- Serving the campus community
- Networking opportunities with alumni
- Advancing the philanthropic dialogue at the University of Kentucky
To ensure student success, the following is required of each Alumni Ambassador:
- Cumulative grade point average of 3.0 or higher at the University of Kentucky
- At least second-semester sophomore standing
- Full-time enrollment as an undergraduate (no graduate/professional students)
- Dedicated and demonstrated involvement in campus activities
- Ability to devote 5-10 hours or more each week to group duties while maintaining a commitment to high academic achievement
- Ability to participate regularly in bi-monthly meetings, weekend and evening events
- Ability to understand and convey accurate knowledge of UK
- Excellent oral/written communication skills and professionalism in dealing with diverse groups of individuals
- Must comply with University of Kentucky code of conduct
If requested, Alumni Ambassadors will make a variety of presentations throughout the year at Board of Trustee meetings, UK Alumni Association board meetings and a variety of campaign-related events. The group is modeled after similar leadership groups at SEC schools and other benchmark institutions.
The UK Alumni Association is a membership supported organization committed to fostering lifelong engagement among alumni, friends, the association and the university. For more information about the UK Alumni Association or to become a member, visit http://www.ukalumni.net or call 1-800-269-2586.