The University of Kentucky Alumni Association, Fayette County Cooperative Extension Services and UK Human Resources Staff Career Development are pleased to announce Job Club’s 2018 winter/spring schedule. The purpose of the Central Kentucky Job Club is to provide a positive environment for motivated job seekers to meet, connect, share and learn.
The free group is open to the public and meets the second and fourth Tuesday of each month at the Fayette County Cooperative Extension Services office, 1140 Harry Sykes Way, Lexington, Kentucky. Business attire is encouraged. Convenient, free parking is available.
Job Club is for you if you are motivated and currently out of work, underemployed or looking to make a career transition. In addition, recruiters and employers are always welcome and introduced to Job Club attendees.
For more information, call the UK Alumni Association at 859-257-8905, the Fayette Cooperative Extension Services office at 859-257-5582 or the UK Human Resources Staff Career Development office at 859-257-9416. Additional information, including testimonials from former Job Club participants, can be viewed at www.ukalumni.net/jobclub.
Job Club Winter/Spring Meeting Schedule:
- Jan. 9: Central Kentucky Job Club 5th Anniversary Celebration Keynote — Presented by Kim Knopf, Sleep Outfitters Founder & CEO
- Jan. 23: Transferable Skills — Presented by Diane Kohler UK HR Staff Career Development and Caroline Francis, UK Alumni Career Services
- Feb. 13: Update Your Resume for Today’s Market — Presented by Caroline Francis, BCC, MCC, UK Alumni Career Services
- Feb. 27: Getting Noticed from a Recruiter’s Perspective — Presented by Greg Lyles, SPHR, Senior Consultant, Hanna Resources. Free resume reviews held immediately following Job Club.
- March 13: Pink or Not – Does the Color of the Slip Really Matter? — Presented by Brian Simmons, SHRM-CP, PHR, Senior Human Resources Advisor, CMI Human Resources Consulting
- March 27: Social Media and Your Career — Presented by Mikailyn Estep, Staffing Manager, Accountemps
- April 10: An Insider Viewpoint on the UK Hiring Process — Presented by Sarah Bowes, Employment Director, UK HR
- April 24: Searching For your Next Career Opportunity — It’s a (temporary) Full-time Job – Presented by Jon Caldwell, Senior Director, Talent Management & HR, Valvoline
- May 8: The Hard Facts about Soft Skills — Presented by Greg Coker, President/CEO, The Institute for Soft Skills
- May 22: Panel of Job Club Success Stories
* Snow Policy: If Fayette County Public Schools are closed or on a delay, Job Club will not meet.
The UK Alumni Association is a membership supported organization committed to fostering lifelong engagement among alumni, friends, the association and the university. For more information about the UK Alumni Association or to become a member, visit http://www.ukalumni.net or call 1-800-269-2586.