The UK Alumni Association announces the tradition of UK Homecoming will be celebrated the week of Oct. 10-16 with a variety of activities for Wildcats of all ages. Highlights of the weekend include the Golden Wildcat Society Reunion, a campus bus tour and a tailgate party.
The Association welcomes the Class of 1972 for a variety of 50th reunion activities. A full list of Golden Wildcat Society reunion activities and registration information can be found at www.ukalumni.net/golden.
The Lyman T. Johnson African American Alumni Constituency Group will also host an array of events during Homecoming week. Learn more about those events and how to register by visiting www.ukalumni.net/ltj.
A comprehensive schedule of all Homecoming activities and registration information can be found at www.ukhomecoming.com.
A preview of some Alumni Association-sponsored events — both in-person and via social media — are listed below:
Tuesday, October 11
- Touchdown Tuesday, All Day. Social Media. We’d love to hear your prediction for this week’s matchup against the Bulldogs of Mississippi State. Post your guesses on UKAA social media for a chance to win UK swag.
Wednesday, October 12
- Wildcat Wednesday, All Day. Social Media. Show us your favorite picture with Wildcat on social media for a chance to win UK swag.
Thursday, October 13
- Homecoming Pics in the Plaza, 1 – 5:30 p.m., Wildcat Alumni Plaza. Students can get a picture taken with Bowman, the wildcat statue, on the way to class and pick up Homecoming swag.
Friday, October 14
- Wear Blue Friday, All Day. Social Media. Show your school spirit by wearing blue and sharing your pride on social media using #UKHomecoming.
- Golden Wildcat Society Induction Breakfast. Members of the Class of 1972 will be inducted into the Golden Wildcat Society, receive lapel pins and enjoy reminiscing with fellow Golden Wildcats.
- Lyman T. Johnson Awards Luncheon, Noon – 1:30 p.m., Gatton Student Center, $40. Join the Lyman T. Johnson African American Constituency Group and the Office for Institutional Diversity for a wonderful afternoon celebrating the 2021 and 2022 Lyman T. Johnson Torch of Excellence and Torch Bearer award recipients.
Saturday, October 15
- Homecoming Brunch, 9:30 – 11 a.m., King Alumni House, $15. Begin a full day of Homecoming events by joining us for brunch and an entertaining and informative classroom-style lecture from UK Senior Oral Historian Terry Birdwhistell. Don’t worry – there won’t be a quiz at the end! Children 12 and younger are free.
- Campus Bus Tour, 11 a.m. – 12:30 p.m., departs from King Alumni House. No Charge. Sit back and relax as you view the transformation of campus. We will make stops at the W.T. Young Library and the Wildcat Alumni Plaza. (Space is limited).
- Homecoming Tailgate Tent Party and Pep Rally, 4:30 p.m., Tobacco Research & Development Center Lawn, Corner of University and Cooper. $20. Get ready to cheer at our Tailgate Tent Party and Pep Rally before the Wildcats take on the Mississippi State Bulldogs. Enjoy tailgate food along with games, live music, giveaways and performances by the UK Pep Band and UK Cheerleaders. Children 12 and younger are free.
- Homecoming Football Game, 7:30 p.m., Kroger Field. It’s Bulldogs vs. Wildcats in this SEC matchup for the 2022 Homecoming game!
0 comments on “A Variety of Events Highlight Homecoming Week 2022”