University of Kentucky students are invited to nominate an outstanding professor for the 62nd annual UK Alumni Association Great Teacher Award, the oldest, continuously given award for teachers at the university.
Six professors are selected each year and recognized at a special ceremony to be held during the spring 2023 semester. They also receive a cash stipend from the Alumni Association.
There have been 313 faculty members recognized since the program began in 1961. Recipients are selected by a committee appointed by the UK Alumni Association Board of Directors and a student representative.
Qualifications for the award include:
- Hold the rank of full-time lecturer or above.
- Serve as a member of the UK faculty for the past three years.
- Display superior knowledge of their subject matter.
- Incorporate original and innovative classroom presentations.
- Demonstrate concern for students both inside and outside the university setting.
- Not a recipient of this award for the past 10 years.
The deadline for nominations is October 7, 2022. Nominations may be submitted online at ukalumni.net/gtform.