The UK Alumni Association announced the selection of 27 student representatives as Alumni Ambassadors for the 2022-2023 academic year. Alumni Ambassadors serve as official student hosts of the University of Kentucky, promoting the university at numerous events in partnership between the Office of the President, Office of Philanthropy and the UK Alumni Association.
Alumni Ambassadors represent the best and brightest of UK students, demonstrating high achievement in their collegiate careers and a dedication to the advancement of the university. Students must maintain a 3.0 GPA or higher and represent diverse backgrounds, cultures and areas of campus involvement.
Alumni Ambassadors for 2022-2023, including class, hometown and major(s), are:
- Elizabeth Akers, Sophomore, Lexington, Communication;
- Madison Argue, Sophomore, Dayton, Ohio, Agricultural & Medical Biotechnology;
- Dasha Boikov, Junior, Nicholasville, Ky., Agricultural & Medical Biotechnology;
- Isabella Bowling, Senior, Dallas, Texas, Electrical Engineering;
- Isha Chauhan, Junior, LaGrange, Ky., Biology;
- Jordan Colella, Junior, Nicholasville, Ky., Human Nutrition;
- Meredith Compton, Junior, Columbia, Ky., Clinical Leadership & Management;
- Abigail Elbert, Senior, Wildwood, Mo., Human Health Sciences;
- Mary Grace Hemingway, Junior, Owensboro, Ky., Clinical Leadership & Management;
- Lauren Hickey, Junior, Lexington, French & Francophone Studies;
- Jackson Huse, Junior, Louisville, Computer Engineering and Computer Science (Pre-medicine);
- Christy Kirkham, Junior, Champaign, Ill., Human Health Sciences;
- Grace McDonald, Senior, Somerset, Ky., Human Health Sciences;
- Lilly Meekin, Senior, Lexington, Neuroscience;
- Lily Messer, Junior, London, Ky., Communication;
- Veronica Murray, Senior, Dallas, Texas, Marketing and Art History & Visual Studies;
- Shannon Nguyen, Junior, Louisville, Biology and Neuroscience;
- Emily O’Dell, Senior, Ashland, Ky., Human Health Sciences;
- Madeline Pass, Senior, Louisville, Integrated Strategic Communications;
- Elizabeth Piipponen, Senior, Naples, Fla., Human Health Sciences and Human Nutrition;
- Julia Rhorer, Junior, Frankfort, Ky., Human Health Science (Pre-medicine);
- Autumn Rodgers, Senior, Paducah, Ky., Agricultural & Medical Biotechnology;
- Mattie Strode, Senior, Bowling Green, Ky., Business Management;
- Tanner Thompson, Senior, Monticello, Ky., Accounting, Finance, and Management;
- Rachel Weaver, Senior, Owensboro, Ky., Communications Sciences & Disorders;
- Lauren Weisert, Senior, Louisville, Neuroscience; and
- Caroline Youdes, Junior, Louisville, Biology.
The Alumni Ambassadors are available upon request to serve at university functions. Requests should be submitted at least two weeks in advance of the event and approved by UK Alumni Association staff.
For more information on the Alumni Ambassadors and to request an ambassador for an event, visit www.ukalumni.net/AlumniAmbassadors.