Applications are being accepted for positions as UK Alumni Association Alumni Ambassadors for the 2020-2021 school year.
UK Alumni Association Alumni Ambassadors are the official student hosts of the University of Kentucky. The group promotes UK at university and alumni association events and assists in strengthening students’ roles within the university. The mission of the group is to provide an overall campus involvement experience for elite leaders engaged in the university.
This program is a partnership with the Office of the President and the UK Alumni Association to showcase the best and the brightest University of Kentucky students. Students must demonstrate high achievement in their collegiate career and dedication to the betterment of the university. Ambassadors are required to maintain a 3.0 GPA and are comprised of various backgrounds, cultures and areas of campus involvement.
The Alumni Ambassadors are chosen competitively each spring through an interview process conducted by the Alumni Ambassador Selection Committee. Members of the group must reapply each year. Applicants are required to meet the following criteria:
- Cumulative grade point average of 3.0 or higher at the University of Kentucky
- At least second-semester sophomore standing
- Full-time enrollment as an undergraduate (no graduate/professional students)
- Dedicated and demonstrated involvement in campus activities
- Ability to devote time each week to group duties while maintaining a commitment to high academic achievement
- Ability to participate regularly in bi-monthly meetings, weekend and evening events
- Ability to understand and convey accurate knowledge of UK
- Excellent oral/written communication skills and professionalism in dealing with diverse groups of individuals
- Must comply with University of Kentucky code of conduct
Students interested in applying to become a UK Alumni Ambassador can complete an application at www.ukalumni.net/alumniambassadors. All applications require a photograph, copy of unofficial transcript, letter of recommendation (by UK faculty or staff member) and a resume. The deadline to apply is Wednesday, April 1, 2020.
No application will be accepted after the deadline. Information regarding interviews will be distributed Friday, April 3. For more information, contact Samantha Seitz at firstname.lastname@example.org or at 859-257-8700.