Six University of Kentucky educators were recently named recipients of the UK Alumni Association 2018 Great Teacher Award.
The recipients are:
- Gabriel Dadi, College of Engineering – Department of Civil Engineering
- Dr. Rodrigo Fuentealba, College of Dentistry- Dentistry Oral Health Practice
- Milena Minkova, College of Arts & Sciences – Modern and Classical Languages
- Robert D. Paratley, College of Agriculture, Food and Environment – Natural Resources and Environmental Science
- Leon Sachs II, College of Arts & Sciences – Modern and Classical Languages, Literatures and Cultures
- Bruce A. Swetnam, College of Design – School of Architecture
Award recipients will be honored at the UK Alumni Association Great Teacher Award Recognition Dinner on Tuesday, Jan. 30, at the Hyatt Regency in Lexington. They will also be recognized during the Vanderbilt vs. Kentucky men’s basketball game that evening.
The Great Teacher Award, started in 1961, is the longest-running University of Kentucky award recognizing teaching. In order to receive the award, educators must first be nominated by a student. The UK Alumni Association Great Teacher Award Committee, in cooperation with the student organization Omicron Delta Kappa, then makes the final selections. Recipients receive an engraved plaque and monetary reward.
The UK Alumni Association is a membership supported organization committed to fostering lifelong engagement among alumni, friends, the association and the university. For more information about the UK Alumni Association or to become a member, visit http://www.ukalumni.net or call 1-800-269-2586.
0 comments on “2018 Great Teacher Award recipients announced”