UK alumni and friends are invited to celebrate Homecoming at the UK Alumni Association Homecoming Tailgate Tent Party on Saturday, Oct. 7. The party, which is being held in conjunction with the Dentistry, Medicine, Pharmacy, Communication and Information and Public Health colleges, begins at 5 p.m. at the Tobacco Center Research and Development Center lawn on University Avenue.
Attendees will enjoy tailgate food along with exciting games, entertainment, giveaways and performances by the UK Cheerleaders and UK Pep Band. Then head over to Kroger Field to watch the Wildcats take on Missouri in the Homecoming football game at 7:30 p.m.
The cost for the tailgate is $5 for UK Alumni Association, UK Fellows and Women and Philanthropy members, and $10 for nonmembers. To register, visit www.ukalumni.net/2017homecoming.
The day tops off a full slate of Homecoming activities over the weekend:
Thursday, Oct. 5
- Golden Wildcat Reunion, at The Campbell House Lexington, 1375 S. Broadway. Go to ukalumni.net/golden to register for the Golden Wildcat Reunion and book hotel rooms.
- Golden Wildcat Society Reunion Welcome, 5-7 p.m. in the Paddock Room at The Campbell House Lexington.
- UK Alumni Association Icebreaker Social networking event, 4-6 p.m. at Crank and Boom Ice Cream and 6-8 p.m. at Elkhorn Tavern at Barrel House Distillery, Manchester Street. Go to ukalumni.net/icebreaker2017 to register.
- Homecoming Street Fair, 5-8 p.m. at Wildcat Alumni Plaza.
Friday, Oct. 6
- Golden Wildcat Reunion Breakfast and Induction Ceremony, 8-10 a.m. in the Woodford Reserve Lounge at Kroger Field.
- Alumni Band Reunion and Reception, 6:30 p.m. at the Hilary J. Boone Center. Sign up at ukalumni.net/bandreunion17.
- Lyman T. Johnson African American Alumni Group banquet and awards, 6-8 p.m. at the King Alumni House. A full list of events for the Lyman T. Johnson Old Skool Reunion is at www.ukalumni.net/oldskool.
- UK Opera will perform Verdi’s “La Traviata” at 7:30 p.m. at the Singletary Center for the Arts.
- UK volleyball team will take on Alabama at 7 p.m. at Memorial Coliseum.
Saturday, Oct. 7
- UK Alumni Association Homecoming Brunch, 9:30 a.m. at King Alumni House, 400 Rose St.
- Campus bus tour departing from King Alumni House, 11 a.m.
Sunday, Oct. 8
- Golden Wildcat Reunion Farewell Breakfast, 8-10 a.m. at The Campbell House Lexington.